Other & Professionals
Years in Current
Sharlene Massie is the founder and visionary of About Staffing, a Calgary-based employment agency that connects exceptional people with exceptional businesses since 1996.
Sharlene is best known for her down to earth approach, her laugh, and her ability to relate to just about everyone. She certainly did not intend on a lifelong commitment to the staffing industry when she graduated from MRU in Public Relations in 1990, but the employment industry is where her heart took her!
Sharlene is best known for ...
• Her numerous television, radio, newspaper and magazine appearances on various media outlets speaking to employment trends, unemployment and overall market conditions as it relates to the workplace.
• Her workplace training courses that include small business week, Boss School, how to be an exceptional employee, immigrant assistance courses, and entrepreneurial courses at various schools.
• Her articles, blogs and social media posts which include topics ranging from hiring, workplace trends, and job hunting. This includes 15 years of weekly Calgary Sun articles.
• Her community, membership and/or board involvement at Better Business Bureau (BBB) Calgary Board Member, Currently Chair of the Succession and Engagement Committee, ACSESS Board Member, Calgary Chamber of Commerce Member, FEX (Family Enterprise Exchange) Member, TEC Canada Member
Sharlene’s Awards include …
• 2018 Business in Calgary Leaders Award
• 2016 CAFÉ Calgary Family Enterprise of the Year Award Finalist
• 2015 WBE Certified
• 2006 Global Calgary’s Women of Vision
• 2005 BBB Business Ethics Award
• 2004 Top 40 Under 40
• 2000 Rainbow Society - Volunteer of the Year Award
Calgary is a place of opportunity and connections; this why I continue to ingrain myself, my family and my business here. My dad, Dermot Baldwin, started the Calgary Drop-in Centre. My husband's family came here in 1907 and they ran cattle down 8th Avenue for the 1st Calgary Stampede. My children, grandchildren and extended family continue to make Calgary their home. We are rooted in Calgary for generations to come.
Get in touch with Sharlene Massie
Sharlene is here to answer your questions about Calgary. Sharlene is a real human, not a robot. This means we’ll never spam you, and that it might take some time for Sharlene to respond.